1. Definitions and Interpretation In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
|“Account”||Means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of Our Site;|
|“Cookie”||Means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by Our Site are set out in section 12, below;|
|“Our Site”||Means this website, www.jim.technology;|
|“UK and EU Cookie Law”||Means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015;|
|“We/Us/Our”||Means CCS 2000 Ltd, a limited company registered in England under 4343622, and whose main trading address is 6 Brewery Close, Barker Business Park, Melmerby, Ripon, HG4 5NL, United Kingdom.|
2. Information About Us
- 2.1 Our Site, www.jim.technology, is owned and operated by CCS 2000 Ltd, a limited company registered in England under, a limited company registered in England under 4343622, and whose main trading address is 6 Brewery Close, Barker Business Park, Melmerby, Ripon, HG4 5NL, United Kingdom.
3. Scope – What Does This Policy Cover?
- 4.1 Name;
- 4.2 Date of birth;
- 4.3 Gender;
- 4.4 Business/company name
- 4.5 Job title;
- 4.6 Profession;
- 4.7 Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- 4.8 Demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
- 4.9 Financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
- 4.10 IP address (automatically collected);
- 4.11 Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- 4.12 Operating system (automatically collected);
- 4.13 A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
5. How Do We Use Your Data?
- 5.1 All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see section 6, below.
- 5.2 We use your data to provide the best possible products and services to you. This includes:
- 5.2.1 Providing and managing your Account;
- 5.2.2 Providing and managing your access to Our Site;
- 5.2.3 Personalising and tailoring your experience on Our Site;
- 5.2.4 Supplying Our products and services to you;
- 5.2.5 Personalising and tailoring Our products and services for you;
- 5.2.6 Responding to communications from you;
- 5.2.7 Supplying you with email newsletters, alerts, special offers and other messages that you have subscribed to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by following this link;
- 5.2.8 Market research;
- 5.2.9 Analysing your use of Our Site and gathering feedback to enable Us to continually improve Our Site and your user experience;
- 5.3 With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email or telephone or post with information, news and offers on Our products and services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the General Data Protection Regulations and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015.
- 5.4 Advertisers whose content appears on Our Site may engage in what is known as “behavioural advertising” – advertising which is tailored to your preferences, based on your activity. Your activity is monitored using Cookies, as detailed below in section 12. You can control and limit your data used in this way by adjusting your web browser’s privacy settings. Please note that We do not control the activities of such advertisers, nor the information they collect and use. Limiting the use of your data in this way will not remove the advertising, but it will make it less relevant to your interests and activities on Our Site.
6. How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
- 6.1 We only keep your data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in section 5, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it.
- 6.2 Some or all of your data may be stored or transferred outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein). You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using Our Site and submitting information to Us. If We do store or transfer data outside the EEA, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the EEA and under the General Data Protection Regulations. Such steps may include, but not be limited to, the use of legally binding contractual terms between Us and any third parties We engage and the use of the EU-approved Model Contractual Arrangements. If We intend at any time to transfer any of your data outside the EEA, We will always obtain your consent beforehand.
- 6.3 Data security is of great importance to Us, and to protect your data We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site.
- 6.4 Notwithstanding the security measures that We take, it is important to remember that the transmission of data via the internet may not be completely secure and that you are advised to take suitable precautions when transmitting to Us data via the internet.
7. Do We Share Your Data?
- 7.1 We may share your data with other companies in Our group. This includes Our subsidiaries, Our holding company and its subsidiaries and companies related by common shareholding.
- 7.2 We may sometimes contract with third parties to supply products and services to you on Our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
- 7.3 We may compile statistics about the use of Our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying information. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
- 7.4 In certain circumstances, We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal information, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with the requirements of legislation, a court order, or a governmental authority. We do not require any further consent from you in order to share your data in such circumstances and will comply as required with any legally binding request that is made of Us.
8. What Happens If Our Business Changes Hands?
- 8.2 In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will not be contacted in advance and informed of the changes. When contacted you will not, however, be given the choice to have your data deleted or withheld from the new owner or controller.
9. How can You Control Your Data?
- 9.1 When you submit information via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. In particular, We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emails and at the point of providing your details.
- 9.2 You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in the UK: The Telephone Preference Service (“the TPS”), the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (“the CTPS”), and the Mailing Preference Service (“the MPS”). These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving.
10. Your Right to Withhold Information
- 10.1 You may access certain areas of Our Site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.